Monday, December 19, 2005

Pat Travers has a new album out!

If you ever liked PT or are a fan of heavy blues rock just buy the new album. That's an order. It's very cool.

Pat was always a hero of mine. I used to see him a lot when we lived in Virginia in this dive in Arlington. Melissa likes him too - I have to say she has very good taste in music. The last time I saw Pat was back in Seattle in yet another dive about 2 years ago. I was sort of expecting to see a washed out old dude just trying to get by. Well, I was blown away. Pat was smokin'. He sang great and played guitar even better.

The new album has some cool covers, great guitar playing, and a nice song for Elijah. Like I said, buy it - that's an order.

4 comments:

emily said...

I honestly cannot say that I recognize Pat Travers. I know I know, I will take my lashings. Dad would skin me (he's a professional blues musician).
How about I just go get the album?
Goody. I'm excited now! :D

hippietim said...

You've never heard of Pat Travers?

WTF?

Boom! Boom! Out Go The Lights

Snortin' Whiskey and Drinkin' Cocaine

Stevie

...

Sheesh!!!!!

Catfish said...

"I was sort of expecting to see a washed out old dude just trying to get by. Well, I was blown away."

i had seen him play like almost 10 years ago in Stone Park (suburb of Chicago) at a bar called Interaction Lounge. I had heard of him, but was never really exposed to much of him. I was familiar with the song titles "Snortin' Whiskey and Drinkin' Cocaine" & "Boom! Boom! Out Go The Lights", but again never really heard them. It was pretty cool to hear these classic songs, for the first time, live by the artist that wrote them - lol. the beginning of the show was cool - but kind of faded a bit as the night wore on. the bar was a total dive & quite honestly that were not many people there at all anyway. knowing at one time this guy was filling arenas, made me feel a little bad that he was in this situation.

Its good to hear that he is still playin'. maybe i will check it out if i get a chance. Thanks Hippie Tim :)

Oh ... btw ... i'm Catfish, nice to meet ya

Mayday's lost world said...

Hmmm .. IIRC last year at NAMM we saw Pat jam with Tony Franklin,Brad Gillis and Nikko McBrain ..... what a night ...