Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Two guitars came today

So the UPS guy dropped off two guitars today.

The first is my old Jackson KV2T. I foolishly traded it away. That dude sold it or traded it. The person that got it was kind enough to contact me about getting it back. We worked out a deal for my Ibanez Universe and some cash. I am thrilled to get this guitar back. It looks great, sounds great, and plays great. Kick ass! My wife politely reminded me that she told me not to let it go - once again she was right.

The other is an Epiphone Zakk Wylde Bullseye model - the white/black one (as opposed to the camo version). This guitar looks fantastic. It sounds ok but I already have plans to replace the EMG HZ pickups - I'm thinking it will be a Gibson Iommi signature in the bridge and a Dimarzio Al Dimeola signature in the neck. The guitar has really nasty strings , needs a fret dress, and generally needs a setup. The neck feels good and it's light which is nice for a Les Paul. This could turn out to being a very cool guitar.

No comments: