Tuesday, February 28, 2006

HippieSound Studios Construction Week 2

Ok, this post is late as we're into Week 3 now. Anyhow...

The vinyl barrier is going up in the "live" room:



The control room is being insulated:



The control insulation is pretty much done and the drywall is going up:



The drywall is all hung in the control room:



Most of the vinyl barrier is up in the live room and the hat channel is going up:



More pictures here: http://www.hippietim.com/Studio/Studio.htm

I've decided on some changes to the way the live room is being built. I am having the isolation clips and channel installed on all the walls and we are going to do a double layer of drywall. The second layer will be 1/2". The reason for these changes is that I figure that I'm really not going to have another shot at this anytime so I would like to just do it as close to "right" as I can. I ordered more isolation clips today and had them sent via 2-day air so progress is not stalled. Man, those clips are expensive!

2 comments:

emily said...

Wow! Looking fanfreakintastic!
May I book some time in your studio, pretty please? :D
LOL! So excited for you!
BTW, what is a hat channel?

dino said...

Alrightly then!!!

Looks Good. Lets start Jammin. OK maybe we should paint it first.

Dino