Friday, February 17, 2006

Me and Michael

Remember Michael from Musical Journey Part 3? Tragically, Michael passed away in 2004. I hadn't seen him in years - we spoke a time or two but never quite managed to run into each other. I had moved to the Seattle area and he had moved to Florida. Then he moved to Maryland and I moved to North Carolina. The classic cliche' applies here - see your loved ones whenever you can because you truly never know when it will be the last time. Man, I'd love to have just a few moments to say goodbye to him.

After he passed away, my mother had found an old photo of Michael and I playing guitars. She had it framed and gave it to Michael's folks. Over this last winter break we visited Michael's parents and his dad pulled this picture out. Wow. That brought back so many great memories. Michael's dad scanned the photo and sent me a copy. That's me with my first real electric guitar - a Fender Telecaster in Antigua finish and Michael with his brand new Fender Musicmaster.

Thanks for everything Michael.

1 comment:

emily said...

Awww... now I see why the Antiguas are special to you. ;)
Way cool, Tim. That's a great picture of you and your friend. :)