Monday, December 15, 2003

Patience, we don't need no steenkin' patience!

So my dad ordered Melissa something electronical (is that a word?) for Christmas and it arrived the other day. She was really baffled as to what it could be - BTW, the reason she knew it was an electronic gizmo is because it came from some place called JJ's Electronics (or something like that). Thus begins the guessing process. Let's see, what did she guess:

  • DVD player?
  • MP3 player?
  • toaster?
  • cell phone? (uh-oh we're getting warm)
  • computer?
  • etc.
A few minutes into it, Danny and Nicholas joined into the guessing game so naturally they thought it was something for video games. Ha! So Melissa and the boys were asking questions:
  • is it something I would use?
  • is it something you would use?
  • is it something for the whole family?
  • who has one?
  • do we have one?
  • which room in our house? (I'm not telling)
  • which floor in our house? (I'm still not telling)
  • what color?
  • is it black?
  • etc.
This went on for a looooong time. Then she finally got it after being very flustered with my evasive answers.

Thanks for the phones pop. Although, I have to say that I'm not sure that we really need 6 handsets.